Aveda Trend Report Jason Wu 2011 Resort Collection. Jenn Chiminiello, Master Stylist at Aveda Vandam Street Lifestyle Salon in New York City, created an updated braid using Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray at the Jason Wu Resort 2011 show in New York.
“The Jason Wu hair look for Resort 2011 is a slightly tousled, modernized braid that is both innocent and sexy. The freshness of the braid complements the romantic florals and pretty plaids in Jason’s collection.” —Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Brilliant™ Damage Control™ to add shine and protect hair from the hazards of heat styling. Then massage Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam from roots to ends to add body. Blow-dry with a round brush, curling the ends of hair under as you dry.
2. Use a comb to create a messy part wherever hair parts naturally. For extra volume at the crown, backcomb the roots with a fine-toothed comb.
4. Divide hair into two side sections and one back section. Create a tight braid with the back section of hair and secure at the end with a clear elastic band.
5. Take the left section of hair and lace through the braid, securing at the bottom with a clear elastic band, on top of the elastic already holding the braid. Repeat with right section of hair.
front of the face and secure with bobby pins at each side of the braid, behind the ears. Secure other loose strands into the braid as needed.
7. Finish by spraying the braid liberally with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray to keep hair steadily in place.
AVEDA PRODUCTS USED
Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam (S.R.P. $14)
Aveda Brilliant™ Damage Control™ (S.R.P. $15)
Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray (launching in June 2010; S.R.P. $26)
Q: What was your inspiration for this look? How did you collaborate with the designer to create the look?
“Jason’s collection was inspired by the look of the dewy pixie girls who graced the covers of 1960’s fashion magazines. The updated braid we created for the show reflects that fresh and youthful feel.” —Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda.
Q: How could a woman achieve this look on her own?
“This style looks pretty and fresh for daytime and super romantic for evening. To keep the look from going flat, apply Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam to damp hair, massaging from roots to ends, and blow dry with a round brush. Then divide hair into two side sections and one back section. Create a tight braid with the back section of hair, securing with an elastic. Wrap pieces of hair from each side through the braid, securing with an elastic at the bottom of the braid. To keep the style in place, spray liberally with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.”
—Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda.